SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels, rooted in the world of fashion. Making its stylish debut on the global hotel scene in 2011, SO/ continues to command attention with its avant-garde design and creative approach to the world of luxury.
As a part of our Engineering Department, you will be part of the team responsible for the smooth running of all the machineries in the hotel and the hotel’s building structural stability. Communication and coordination with other departments is the key to do accomplish tasks successfully.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all AV/projection/lighting/conferencing equipment, devices, and systems.
- Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in banquet and meeting rooms.
- Ensure all AV equipment is fully operational, repair or clean equipment when necessary.
- Label any broken equipment and communicate problems to manager and/or supervisor.
- Tape down and dress all loose wire and cable.
- Check delivered equipment and room set-up against Banquet Event Order.
- Communicate any additions or deletions to flowsheets to manager/supervisor.
- Assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage and operation of AV equipment, up-sell different AV services, and monitor equipment operation at appropriate intervals.
- Break-down, remove, and secure equipment when not in use.
- Support Engineering team with admin set up and requirements (ad hoc)
At SO/ Uptown Dubai we do more than just deliver a service. We endeavour to think big, go beyond expectation to make a positive impact that creates an unforgettable experience for our guests and our teams. We’re all expected to show initiative, empowerment and willingness to provide a wide range of services that guide guests throughout their stay at SO/. Whether it is to address guests’ enquiries, preparing reports, operations or just sharing with a guest what is hot in Uptown, from a guest’s perspective every exchange should feel seamless and effortless.
At all levels and positions within our organization, our success is incumbent on a set of behaviours each of us are committed to. These include adhering to company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, protecting company assets, and upholding quality standards. Because we’re an avant-garde and stylish brand, we’re also passionate about maintaining a professional uniform, personal appearance, and bespoke communications. There is no room for ego: come as you are, humble and kind. At SO/ we work hard, but make it fun.
You will constantly be on the move, walking about and being hands-on. You might even need to lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 10 pounds without assistance. Most of all, our aim is to do things right, not just the first time but every single time to the benefit of our guests, our hotel and each other because we’re all in it together!
The right AV Tech for us has:
- At least 2 years’ experience in events operations with multiple venues
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Has a passion for music, fashion and enjoys elevating the status quo!
- Admin Whiz is a plus!
Ennismore brings together talented teams, from unique brands, to create a culture that is entrepreneurial and purpose-driven in everything we do. We’re the fastest-growing lifestyle hospitality company, and we’re not slowing down. We’re expanding into new countries and cities, creating exciting opportunities.
Our purpose is to Inspire Discovery for our guests, but we also look to inspire our teams. We inspire our teams to discover their best self through learning opportunities, to grow and to be inspired to make a positive impact on local communities.
Our culture is purpose-driven, dynamic and inclusive which puts our community at the heart of everything we do. We’re open minded, we celebrate difference, welcome diversity of thought and accept people for who they are, allowing them to bring their whole self to work.
Being part of the Ennismore family comes with some incredible perks, including everyone’s favourite, our global discounts programme with up to 50% off stays at our hotels and up to 30% off when eating at our restaurants and bars.