A luxury hospitality brand for modern travelers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery. • Ensure effective operation of the Reservations department in meeting the business goals of the hotel. • College degree in hotel management Relocate to remote area
• Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures are being adhered to, by training all staff and monitoring their performance. Continue to capture best current practice in new LSOPs.
• Training of Reservation Department in all aspects or reservations operations to ensure a high degree of accuracy in guest reservations, maximizing revenue opportunities and satisfaction of guests and employees.
• Responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing of Reservations orientation and ongoing training.
• Be fully aware at all times of the selling strategy, rates, packages, groups and booking status of the hotel.
• Assist Revenue Management with inventory management, including maintenance of allotments, group blocks, and rate codes in all applicable systems.
• Ensure available technology (PMS & RMS) is fully utilized and understood according to property specific business mix and requirements; in depth knowledge of local Property Management System is required.
• Maintaining high standards of data quality through regular system maintenance.
• Responsible to drive maximum revenues of preferred Anantara rate/package products by applying relevant selling strategy.
• Prepare weekly a 3 months rooms revenue forecast by market segment/day; on request also 6 and 12 months rooms forecast by market segment.
• Understand how Sales offices, Group Sales Department and Front office relate to the Reservation Department.
• Monitor daily arrivals by ensuring all guest requests are carried out and communicated to other relevant departments, all realistic expectations are met, and reservations are honored.
• Maintain effective office administrative procedures within the department that will safeguard and detect double-bookings, non-guaranteed bookings, filing errors and other inaccuracies. Understand and apply hotel policies for no-shows, cancellation, credit and pre-payment policies.
• Build and upkeep close working relationship with Groups Sales Department. Ensure booking status reflects the correct Groups status. Regular follow up on pending/tentative/definite Groups.
• Take personal responsibility for driving Upselling within the property by setting monthly targets per reservation associate in order to achieve target.
• To continuously review technical problems, work & operational procedures to maintain guest and employee satisfaction.
• Ensure Booking Status is constantly up to date; no back log of reservations, reservations without guest names, unattended tentative/guaranteed group blocks.
• Responsible for the administration of the Assistant Reservation Manager, Reservation Supervisor, Reservation Sales Agents.
• Ensure optimal use of all distribution channels, e.g. iHotelier, GDS, Anantara.com, Tour Operators, Small Luxury Hotels, Regional and Corporate Sales Offices.
• Ensure all team member s are up-to-date with current information and data of the hotel product, including room types, rates, relative features and facilities, food and beverage outlets & promotion, spa and health club, and other services and facilities.
Job Description – Area Reservations Manager
Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara
Page 3 of 4
• Take personal responsibility for maximizing quality levels of product and service, and guest satisfaction. Ensure all issues relating to guest satisfaction are raised, monitored, and followed up on a timely basis.
• Maintain a motivational working environment within the department, and with other colleagues in the hotel.
• Submit requested reports and information to regional/corporate office in a timely manner.
• Provide all team member s with appropriate coaching and counseling, support and guidance.
• Understand the dynamics of Regional & Local Market, local Competitors and Events of the destination. In depth understanding of local seasonality and booking patterns.
• Proactively promote other sister properties of Minor International.
• Liaise with the Accounting Department for accounting an up to date information related Reservation procedures, reports and operational problems and payments of commission.
• Perform all management administration with regard to staffing: Rostering, time and leave management etc.
• Provide assistance and friendly gesture to local representatives of tour operators and travel agencies.
• Three years experience in hotel reservations and rooms division
• Familiar with the hotel operations available technology (PMS & RMS) and all distribution channels.
• Understand the dynamics of regional & local market, local competitors and events of the destination
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travelers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
• Ensure effective operation of the Reservations department in meeting the business goals of the hotel.
• College degree in hotel management
Relocate to remote area