Job ID 17418
“Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS”
- Maintains the standards of performance as detailed in the Departmental Operations Manual to ensure the efficient operation of the department in accordance with Hotel Policy.
- Assists in establishing the identity of the outlet by providing the standards of food presentation required by each outlet.
- Is aware of the method of preparation and the standard recipe for every menu items in his particular kitchen and follows the procedures at all times.
- Maintains and cleans all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene required by the hotel.
- Co-ordinates with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational problems.
- Is familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operates them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
- To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- Participates in regular meetings and briefings as may be scheduled.
- Responds to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
Financial and Revenue Responsibilities
- To ensure that each kitchen runs at an acceptable food cost.
- Minimize wastage
- Applying fifo procedures
Training and Human Resources
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- Participates in any scheduled training and development program that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Ensure wherever possible that employees are provided with a work place free of discrimination, harassment and victimization.
- Treat complaints of harassment and discrimination promptly and confidentially.
- Treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect and sensitivity.
- Identify and deal with issues which may cause cross cultural conflict or misunderstanding.
Guest Service Responsibilities
- Ensures that guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and to adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- All Heartists are required to comply with every reasonable request from their hierarchical supervisor(s) within an amount of time that it takes to comply under normal circumstances.
- All Heartists may be assigned to other duties in the hotel as and when required by business levels.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all potential and real Hazards are reported immediately and rectified
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures
- Ensure that all emergency procedures are rehearsed, implemented and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations by strict adherence to existing laws, statutes etc.
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give risk of harm or injury to selves or others
- Use safe manual handling techniques and practice safe work habits following Accor Health, Safety and Environment policies, maintain procedures to minimize our impact on the environment and prevent pollution.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- Ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.