Job ID 16775
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Gleaming in the vibrant heart of New Dubai, enveloped in private sands and luxuriant gardens, One&Only Royal Mirage is a sanctuary of traditional splendour where indulgence and excitement gloriously combine. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
With stunning resorts located across the globe and exciting expansion planned, Kerzner International currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Duty Manager to join the One&Only team at The One&Only Royal Mirage Hotel in Dubai.
With the global growth of our brands, you will be an integral part of the Resort’s success and your role goes beyond developing potential relationships where you will ensure the daily reception desk operation is prepared and assisted to ensure no guest delays due to foreseen requirements. Thorough preparation and control of collected guest information, guest requests and requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the guests daily.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the task.
- Support handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Support implementation of the upselling program, communicating and ensuring process.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, standards, and procedures.
- Understand and comply with security, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Intervene in any guest/employee situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee wellbeing is preserved.
- Serve as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Empower employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Communicate any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
Suitable candidate will be reporting directly to the Rooms Division Manager. He/She must be highly qualified and must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role in an upscale luxury hospitality industry or five-star hotels. He/She must have reservations background with strong attention to details and analytical skills, must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and/or another language. Computer literacy including relevant software and experience in using an Opera system. Middle East/GCC experience is an advantage.
At One&Only creating JOY is at the forefront of everything we do. If you are the one to make every detail count & are bold to go beyond the obvious in every task assigned with positive energy & have the passion to make it happen, then we are looking for you.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.