Job ID 17171
We are currently seeking for an enthusiastic and committed individual with exceptional communication skills that prides herself on her ability to deliver extraordinary levels of service and provide creative solutions.
As an Executive Secretary you are responsible to provide a full range of executive secretarial and administrative support activities for the General Manager, inclusive of highly confidential and sensitive matters to ensure smooth operation of the executive office, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Ensure all outgoing correspondence is typed, proof read and dispatched to the highest possible standard
• Compose and prepare routine correspondence and prepare simple interpretation of documents / correspondence if requested
• Review all incoming mail and prioritize before forwarding to the General Manager
• Act on routine standardized correspondence and inform the General Manager accordingly e.g. requests for membership, accommodation, brochures, etc.
• Keep calendar constantly updated to facilitate appointment and meeting schedules
• Establish and maintain various filing / records / database of business contacts, trace pending items and follow up as appropriate
• Compose letters on behalf of the General Manager
• Attend meetings, record, write and distribute the minutes and follow up on action items
• Organize travel and external business trips on behalf of the General Manager
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a college diploma in secretarial training and relevant previous experiences. You must also have fluency in both written and spoken English and the ability to take sufficient notes at a meeting to prepare record of events. Computer literate and sufficient typing skills to complete 60wpm accurately will be highly regarded.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be courteous, able to work with minimal supervision, be discreet and capable of dealing with a high level of confidentiality. You are an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ person with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player with a concern for quality, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Drive for Results
Planning for Business