Job ID 17590
Themes from the adventurer Ibn Battuta’s travels influence the architecture and style of the property, with intricate design. This 5-star hotel in Dubai is ideally located for travelers who wish to take advantage of all Dubai has to offer, with shopping and beaches close by.
For travelers seeking freedom, independence, and space. Oaks Hotels & Resorts offers spacious contemporary serviced studios and suites across Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and the Middle East. Effortless short or long stays unfold with peace of mind and all the essential comforts.
To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by managing the effectiveness of the day-to-day Rooms operation, maximizing sales, revenue & profit growth, and by being a key point of contact for guest interaction in the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities includes:
- To serve the needs of the business, our guests, and our team members by effectively and successfully managing all day-to-day operations of the hotel.
- To implement the hotel strategy across all operational departments.
- To provide a single point of leadership for all operational activities in the hotel, and to effectively lead and manage the day-to-day operational activities of the hotel.
- To support and implement all corporate programs and guidelines.
- To ensure through effective supervision that all services offered in the Rooms Division are always available and are carried out with the utmost efficiency and courtesy as per the Operation Manual and Brand Standard.
- To represent the Rooms Division Department on the Hotel’s Leadership Team.
- To constantly review and evaluate all divisional operating standards and procedures to ensure the highest level of guest service is always adhered to.
- To ensure all corporate, divisional, and departmental policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections of all hotel areas and building premises to ensure the cleanliness and comfort of the hotel’s clientele.
- To meet regularly with the Heads of Department to review the Department’s operation to ensure smooth coordination of hotel service.
- Keeps senior management informed of any risk or opportunity in relation to the pre-set performance figures.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of a detailed Department Operations Manual that reflects policies and procedures, work processes, and standards of performance within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
- Ensure that all operation-related forms and reports are forwarded in time to the Corporate/Area Office.
- Works with General Manager and leadership team to make and execute the necessary decisions to keep the property moving forward toward the achievement of the Property Improvement Plan.
- Performs daily resort inspections to include a combination of common areas, amenities, outlets, and guest rooms. Documents the condition of these areas and shares with appropriate leadership.
- Champions the “Leader on Duty” program to consistently involve leaders in property audits.
- Performs special projects as designated by General Manager.
- Reviews all planned projects to determine the potential impact of a project on the guest experience and develop plans to mitigate unfavorable encounters for guests resulting from the works.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and or Hospitality Management
- Five years’ experience in a similar role in a 5-star spa leading a multicultural team.
- European nationals preferred.
- OPERA PM knowledge is compulsory.
- Added language skills would be an advantage.
- Looking to grow into a GM position in the future.
- Strong financial acumen
- Solid knowledge of spoken and written English
- Highly motivated and able to teach leadership skills
- Committed to organization development
- Effective decision-making skills
- Discounts on accommodation across all Minor Hotel brands
- Discount when you visit any of our restaurants, cafes and bars
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Career progression
- Reward & Recognition programs