We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L’Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
The Individual in this position is responsible to oversee the Pool areas of the recreation department and attend to the guest needs during his stay, providing personal service in assistance
- To perform opening and closing procedures according to the shift.
- To inspect pool areas at start, during and at the end of the shift to ensure that the set up of the department is in accordance with established standard.
- To ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- To execute the standards of Recreation in the set-up of amenities (changing rooms) as well as pool chairs.
- To re-arrange furniture layout whenever necessary.
- To distribute the towels and amenities needed.
- To monitor, maintains cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the pool areas.
- To work in close coordination with other team members to ensure smooth operations.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- To establish a rapport with guests, providing guest recognition and good customer relationships.
- To respond to guest enquiries on pool activities as well as on kid’s club and other information regarding the facility and services of the Hotel.
- To Control in-house guests and eventual outside visitors.
- To escort arriving guest to requested area (pool).
- To anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- To maintain pool, including proper chemical PH rate for the purpose of maintaining the facilities and complying with mandated health and requirements.
- To assist lifeguards in maintaining swimming pool equipment for the purpose of ensuring the equipment is in proper working condition.
- To report technical difficulties to the maintenance department.
- To control inventory of towels.
- To Control inventory of pool games.
- To Report any damage immediately to the supervisor or the Manager.
- To support the ordering of pool supplies.
- To ensure a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene as well as wear the correct uniform and nametag at all times.
- To attend briefings, as required and contribute to all staff meetings, Departmental and Hotel trainings as scheduled and other related activities
- To interact with other departments to provide additional or specialized guest services.
- To know and adhere strictly to Lost & Found procedures.
- To report to the supervisor and/or Manager any sickness or unusual behaviour of guests.
- Is responsible for the pool information board set-up.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same position in a 5 Luxury Hotel.
- Basic knowledge of detergents and pool cleaning methods