Job ID 16759
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Gleaming in the vibrant heart of New Dubai, enveloped in private sands and luxuriant gardens, One&Only Royal Mirage is a sanctuary of traditional splendour where indulgence and excitement gloriously combine. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
With stunning resorts located across the globe and exciting expansion planned, Kerzner International currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Rooms Division Manager to join the One&Only team at The One&Only Royal Mirage Hotel in Dubai.
With the global growth of our brands, you will be an integral part of the Resort’s success and your role goes beyond developing potential relationships where you will oversee the front office operation, lobby, coordinates and monitor that all guests’ arrival, departure, and in-house experiences are as per resort standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Resort rules and regulations as per Service Standard Policies and procedures.
- Ensure the reception team members will work with a sales focused attitude and are aware of sales opportunities within the resort which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Attending daily operation meeting and all group meetings. Actively participate in guest events when requested.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all room revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- Review VIP arrival& special events.
- Ensure all non-guaranteed reservations are released at the appointed time.
- Adhere to the resort selling strategy by ensuring the use of correct rates.
- Ensure all booked out situations are handled in a diplomatic and professional manner ensuring future business from respective booked out guests.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of presentation is maintained for both the department and the team members.
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the resort and in the local area.
- Schedule and maximize annual leave for team members during low demand periods.
- Ensure regular communication meetings are held within the department.
- Implement a full training plan within the reception to develop all personnel to their full potential.
- Ensure new team members are fully trained and certified to carry out duties as per resort standards.
- Monitor and keep up to date all training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per resort standard.
- Conduct appraisals with all team members.
- Actively develop team member skills and performance through coaching and training.
- Maintain and oversee accuracy of guest profiles and remarks.
- Adhere to resort credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured.
- Review, maintain and implement systems and procedures as directed.
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Review daily reports to ensure system is being maintained as per company policies and procedures.
- Spot check registration cards to ensure accuracy of data is collected as per Dubai Authority and resort standards.
- Spot check passport scans to ensure accuracy as per Dubai Authority requirements.
- Ensure closure of any pending revenue (paymasters) in a timely manner adhering to finance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all Ledger accounts and PMs are resolved and settled.
- Review the LQA & Mystery Shopper results and prepare a plan of action.
- Maintain quality documentation.
Suitable candidate will be reporting directly to the Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms Division. He/She must be highly qualified and must have at least 2-3 years’ experience in an upscale luxury hospitality industry or five-star hotels. He/She must have reservations background with strong attention to details and analytical skills, must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines with excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and/or another language. Computer literacy including relevant software and experience in using an Opera system. Middle East/GCC experience is an advantage.
At One&Only creating JOY is at the forefront of everything we do. If you are the one to make every detail count & are bold to go beyond the obvious in every task assigned with positive energy & have the passion to make it happen, then we are looking for you.
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.