Job ID 17177
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Process all external and internal calls and emails either by redirecting calls/emails or assisting the caller/sender.
- Promptly answer telephone calls and emails, addressing callers and senders in a clear, friendly and courteous tone of voice.
- Take ownership of the caller’s request and ensure follow up according to the hotel’s standards
- Have a sufficient working knowledge of all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Front Office and Engineering.
- Act as dispatcher through Royal Service for security, guest services and other colleagues in operations.
- Update Service Requests and work orders and dispatch to the right department.
- Maintain and monitor the “Royal Service” software system and ensure that all services provided at Royal Service are always available and are carried out efficiently.
- Responsibly use all available systems including PMS (Property Management System), telephone system, Royal Service, fax, etc.
- Maintain the upkeep of all telephone and related equipment within the switchboard to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain information confidentiality.
- Transcribe complete messages and repeat information to verify accuracy. Input and retrieve messages to/from the computer. Ensure that messages taken are forwarded to and received by guests.
- Provide time and information in response to emergencies and guest requests such as plumbing problems, housekeeping requests, etc. Verify with guests, after a reasonable pre-set time, whether the request has been delivered. Follow-ups to be endorsed to proper channels.
- Receive wake-up call requests from guests, repeat information back to caller as it is taken, accurately and expediently log/input information. Deliver wake-up calls at the requested time.
- Serve as a liaison for Guests requiring information relating to all aspects of the hotel, such as: F&B promotions, Reservations, meetings rooms, etc.
- Receives and logs into the Table Management System the restaurant reservations requests with all information required.
- Maintaining the communication with the guests regarding the lost & found items.
- Creating amenities in the system for the efficient delivery and cross charging.
- Have full knowledge of the hotel’s emergency procedures. Remain calm and polite during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity.
- Promotes and leads a service driven, results driven work environment.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety policies and promotes a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in Arabic language is a must, speaking and writing
- Previous role as a Telephone Operator is a must
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required. Knowledge of Opera Property Management System an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly organized, responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Fluency in English, secondary language preferred.
- Must have the ability to handle a multitude of tasks and Guest requests.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.